10 Things I Learned In a Year of Cooking at Home
1. Good refried beans require a whole lot of lard.
2. Speakers in the kitchen are worth the money and space.
3. Every vegetable is delicious roasted. 425 degree oven + veggies + salt + pepper + olive oil and about 25 minutes.
4. Meal swaps should happen all of the time.
5. Put an egg on it.
6. Rice + veggies + sauce + egg (see above) is good for all meals.
7. Well-made stock cures more than a cold.
8. Good bread goes bad fast, which means more bread pudding or strata! https://notthatmartha.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/bacon-and-arugula-bread-pudding/
9. I would rather wait a year to eat fried food than to cook it.
10. Marry the person who will do this with you and make it fun.